• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Budget-friendly source for tail light harness or sockets?

Rob Mayercik

NAXJA Member #920
NAXJA Member
Got some badly corroded sockets on my 92's right-side tail light, causing the bulbs to be extra-dim on that side and bulbs I can't remove from the sockets. Was going to see if I could just buy the whole sub-harness (saw the connector inside the body cavity), but haven't seen any yet that didn't send shockwaves through my wallet - TeamCherokee wants $100 for one side, $185 for the pair. :scared:

Anyone know of a cheaper source for these harness, or whether I can just buy the individual sockets so I can go to town with the heat-shrink crimp splices? Would like to get this straightened out soon - got two weeks to RocktoberFest and I don't trailer...

I know you can buy the sockets for the front turns at a parts store for a few bucks - is there nothing like that for the rears?

Have not had the opportunity to check an actual parts store yet, but if the front sockets are available, perhaps the others are as well. Hm, wonder if I can separate the socket from the plastic bit that locks into the tail light itself...

Was planning on calling my local yards as well, just won't have a chance to until tomorrow (weekend).

Rob, i have some very clean uncorroded harness' in garage. Can you get me a pic of the clip at end of harness and i'll match you up with a set.

I can probably fit a set in a small flat rate USPS box.

Google search p/n 8128931.

They say they fit YJ front turn signal lights, and XJ/MJ rear tail/stop/turn lamps.

Rob, i have some very clean uncorroded harness' in garage. Can you get me a pic of the clip at end of harness and i'll match you up with a set.

I can probably fit a set in a small flat rate USPS box.

Sorry for disappearing for a couple days - been busy at work.

Will see what I can do about popping the tails off when I get home tonight and snapping a pic or two.

Rob

Back