• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does A Non-AC Climate Control Switch Exist For The 97+ Cherokee

Ice_Man

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the process of doing an on-board air setup, using my stock ac compressor. Since I wont have ac any longer, I wanted to clean things up. I have searched on both NAXJA and google and cant seem to find a non-ac climate control switch setup. Do they exist? Could I use one out of a TJ Wrangler w/o ac? Does anyone have one? Thanks in advance.

I only see one different part number throughout 97-01 (ok two, but the second is a vacuum temp door vs electric control unit). They don't show any that say with or without A/C.

If you take the AC out or disable it, the AC positions on the switch will still work the ventilation doors, etc., just with no refrigeration. Unless you're looking for a vent combination that's not on the switch, there's nothing to be gained by changing it except for the color of the markings on the switch.

I run my 99 with AC disconnected for most of the year, because I don't like refrigerated windshield defogging.

I have to ask, does 3 extra positions on your switch really bother you that much?

Back