• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oktoberfest at Evans: Lets Plan

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Time to wheel. :)

Last year we brought back the "Oktoberfest at Evans Creek" event. We had a pretty big turn out, and I'd love to do it again this year. I know a few people have been asking if it's going to happen again, and the answers yes. We just need to pick a weekend, and see who all is interested.

Personally, I'd like to do it a bit later in the month. Better chance for some snow, and sloppy trails. :cool:

How does October 22-23 work for everyone?

Last year a few of us showed up Friday, and camped out the whole weekend. I plan on doing the same thing again this year. There's a great campground, and covered area we can use.

If you've never been to Evans, the closest town I believe is Carbonado, WA. Google it and see about drive time. It's not that far for the south end guys, and totally worth it. The trails are fun that time of year. Body damage is always avoidable, but very likely (rear quarter panels, rain gutters, etc).

I believe the only things you needs are a NW Forest Pass ($5 day or $30 annual), map of the area, and a width no greater than 80" bulge to bulge.

IMG_0048.jpg

Tilted Wheelers interested?
IMG_0039.jpg

It's sure to be a good time!

Trip report for last year, http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1046629.

Also, I'll split gas if anyone has a seat open coming from the South End. :D

Last edited:
I would love to join you guys if there is a spare seat for me in one of the rigs.
That weekend works for me and I have it tentatively marked on my calendar.

Michael

I will be there as long as my jeep is fixed in time. I like the idea of doing it as late in October as possible.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

count me in. i might bring some frinds from tukwheelers.

I wish I had a Jeep.

I'm in, might try and get a couple coworkers to bring their junk.

i should be ready for this trip. i can be a trail leader if need be also

Do you guys think a mild lift and 31 is enough to run? I got a buddy who wants to know

Do you guys think a mild lift and 31 is enough to run? I got a buddy who wants to know

Did the upper/lower 311, 519, 198 loop a few weeks ago while attending the Offroad Animals club fun run. Didn't have any problems with 3" lift and a rear locker, although I used the rocker guards a few times.

From the sounds of it the 197 will probably take out a rear window which is why I opted for the 198.

I'm bringing a coworker with a 2000 Tacoma Waggy front and 37 MTRs I have another coworker with a 79 CJ on 35s that might becoming.

I'm bringing a coworker with a 2000 Tacoma Waggy front and 37 MTRs I have another coworker with a 79 CJ on 35s that might becoming.

You bringing the ready welder this year?:spin3:

I hope to make this, it was a blast last year.

The Tilted wheeler s are a great group guys.

Oh.. Hell ya..

This is my X's weekend with the Kids. I am 99% in.. only thing that can stop it is Major Jeep failure.

Back