• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

93 XJ starting issues

Howitzer

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a 93 XJ, ran great for a few weeks and then just died out of no where. After it sat for a while it would start back up. I replaced the camshaft sensor in the distributor and now it doesnt start at all. I even swapped the old one in and same thing. I put it at TDC and the whole nine yards and it still just cranks. Any ideas would be greatly apprecated.

Verify there is 5V present at the Crank Position Sensor connector on top of the intake manifold near the #6 fuel injector...
If there isn't; you may have blown a fuse while replacing the Camshaft Position Sensor.

I never thought about that. My other thought was maybe the crank position sensor, motor and cap, or ignition coil. Only thing that stumped was it would start before and run for about 5 minutes and die, now it won't even start.

Verify there is 5V present at the Crank Position Sensor connector on top of the intake manifold near the #6 fuel injector...
If there isn't; you may have blown a fuse while replacing the Camshaft Position Sensor.

X2, Could also just be a bad crank position sensor

Back