• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33x12.5's on 15x7's...

Renegade XJ

NAXJA Forum User
My XJ currently has 15x7 Outlaw II's that where on it when bought it with 31's. My orginal plan was to go with 33x10.5's like my last XJ but the more and more I think about I remeber wanting 12.5 MT/R's over my BFG's on my last XJ. I dont want to make that mistake again so....

Would mounting a 33x12.5 Kevlar MTR be a bad idea on the 15x7's? I plan on getting beadlocks welded on them which will add 1" overall to the wheels but thats a while down the road. Will I have un-even wear issues? This is my DD.

Anybody got pictures of a set-up like this or experance with this set up?

its not the most ideal but can be done without a problem. just have to get the right air pressure. i know a few people that ran the same size tires on 15x7's. air pressure is key though. personally, i would do it. but be warned, some shops may not mount them for you. might have to find a small mom and pop shop or off road shop.

i once worked at a tire shop it can be done it will wear a little faster that way you have to run low air in them you really need at least a 8 in wheel but you can do it on a 7 just watch the middle of the tire as with to much air it will wear fast

Back