• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rattle can painting tomorrow, suggestions ?

FleXJ96

NAXJA Forum User
I have been sanding , and ready to paint tomorrow. I want to do something a little different. She is black already, so I was thinking combing Flat and gloss. IE: Hood Gloss, with lower side and center in flat, flat rockers and flat roof, everything else in gloss. Anyone else ever seen something like this or have any suggestions? thanks

I'd do the hood flat, to cut glare. Maybe do flat on the raised "field" sections, and gloss the center and sides. Post Pics!

I did bedliner on the lower sides flat on how you described it. it looks good. sorry but no picks... peeling away

I would try Satin/Gloss combinations, or Flat/Semi-Gloss. Seems like flat/glass would look too far apart if that makes any sense. Also test how the paints combine. I used flat and semi-gloss black when I camo'd my XJ, and despite using the same brand and type (only difference being finish) the paints didn't combine well.

im in the middle of the same project only im doing the whole xj in a flat semi gloss and the grill mirrors ect ect in a gloss black and rhino liner on the roof (ikno about the heat ill deal with it) and rhino liner along the sides on the bottom just befor the first body line, ill post pics when its finished

Get Krylon BBQ paint. It's the best stuff I have found... it covers good and looks great, has a lot of resiliance, along with a nice satin look.

here are a few of my jeeps I have painted with it.

My 4cyl TJ
008zgq.jpg

My sahara
img0501pv3.jpg

img0511iz3.jpg

My ZJ
img1205z.jpg

What bumper is on the zj?

Back