• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which joints

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
So with my long arm kit who has had what luck with which joint?

Im leaning towards rock krawlers monster joint.

But theres also the
-currie joint
-creeper joint
-ballistic fab joint

Not so much want to do the currie joint as I have ben on trails with guys who loose the C clip in them. Never head anything about the creeper joints. I have ballistic fabs joints now, but dont really like them. And have alot of problems with them so leaning away from them.

What would you guys go with??

I've heard plenty of people like the johnny joints, I have little experience with them.

I run Ruffstuff rod ends all the way around on my front 3-link. I love them.

If you're running a radius arm setup, you can't have hard joints all the way around.

Who sells the jonny joints?

No I will be running ballistics bushing joint on the axle said. I like there bushings just not there joints lol

Who sells the jonny joints?

No I will be running ballistics bushing joint on the axle said. I like there bushings just not there joints lol

Johnny Joint = Currie

With several seasons competing with them I have yet to see one lose a clip and fail. I've seen the bushing come out after taking a huge hit but that's kinda expected.

Johnny Joint = Currie

With several seasons competing with them I have yet to see one lose a clip and fail. I've seen the bushing come out after taking a huge hit but that's kinda expected.

X2 for Currie!
Johnny Joints is a trade marked name by Currie. Being the originators of it yrs ago.. I think that would be the best bet.. I run them now and pretty sure they have it right when it come to design and bushing mix.

Just remember.. buy cheap, buy twice! Ask me how i know

ok I think ill stick with those then. Would you guys do a 1" shank or a 1.5" shank? I will be doing tube inserts. I wanted to do 2" DOM with 250 wall but That wouldent work with a 1.5" shank. Would 210 wall be thick enough and handle the beating? Right now I have a 3/4th" shank on my arms and thats what bent. So I kinda want to go with a 1.5" so it wont ever bent. But dont want to go bigger then 2" DOM. What would you guys do??

Currie.... have them on all of my front CA's

they do not offer a 1.5" shank, only a 1.25.

my lowers are 1.25" shank, uppers are 1"

use 2" .250 wall DOM or better and their weld in Bungs.

Why not use .250 wall 2x2" square tubing ? Much cheaper than DOM from what I see.
Currie also makes 1.25 joints as well so you could sleeve the DOM and thread it if you want to go that route.

aluminum is cheaper than dom right now. Just saying. drill n tap it. set. plus some bling aluminum links :D

Glasier steel in springs it was cheaper. I got a hookup on it so I am paying pennies on the dollar for it :D

First off what is your intended purpose? On road & off, Off only?

Next, you are not going to get a quality Aluminum for less than DOM and DOM is way stronger than 6061...7075 is stronger but I don't care how good the hookup is, if it's cheaper than DOM its stolen.

Do some googling before you buy from anyone because you will see horror stories you should be aware of.

Of the joints you mention I would choose Curry's Johnny joints, they last and are great for the street. For offroad only you cannot beat Heims joints, I would suggest Ruffstuff but I am biased ;)

First off what is your intended purpose? On road & off, Off only?

Next, you are not going to get a quality Aluminum for less than DOM and DOM is way stronger than 6061...7075 is stronger but I don't care how good the hookup is, if it's cheaper than DOM its stolen.

Do some googling before you buy from anyone because you will see horror stories you should be aware of.

Of the joints you mention I would choose Curry's Johnny joints, they last and are great for the street. For offroad only you cannot beat Heims joints, I would suggest Ruffstuff but I am biased ;)

Horror stories of what?

My jeep is a DD as well other wise I would go Heims. But I want something thats good on he road to

Horror stories of what?

My jeep is a DD as well other wise I would go Heims. But I want something thats good on he road to
You should use the Curry's. They will work best for you on a DD.

Do your Google search on the joints you mentioned...

BTW, Heims are great on the road but will transfer vibration, the feel is excellent and that is why they are so good offroad but they make for a rough ride on the street.

Well before we get to bashing on stuff, the aluminum is priced the way it is due to dued favors and such. The guy doing the work is a VERY relialbe and reputable individual in the area and among other manufacturers. So Lets nip that in the but.

And ya, aluminum is soooo horrible that everyone is UPGRADING to it :dunno:

solid aluminum links are just as reliable as hollow steel.

Well before we get to bashing on stuff, the aluminum is priced the way it is due to dued favors and such. The guy doing the work is a VERY relialbe and reputable individual in the area and among other manufacturers. So Lets nip that in the but.

And ya, aluminum is soooo horrible that everyone is UPGRADING to it :dunno:

solid aluminum links are just as reliable as hollow steel.
Nobody has mentioned what grade of aluminum, 6061 or 7075? 7075 is 4 to 5 times as expensive but the racers are moving from 7075 to Heat Treated Chromoly...

Well currys it is then. I'll get them ordered next week and go from there. I just ordered the ballistic fabs bushings and mounts. Will pick up the joints and tube inserts from a company here in Denver called Romkin. Thanks for all your helps guys

Back