• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Problem with some codes

bigvig

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone, new guy here. Ive got a '99 Sport 4.0 with 138K on her. I bought her in June 2002 with 44K and she's been a daily driver, hunting & fishing rig ever since. Always done routine maintenance and kept up with things. She's basically stock and in good shape. I recently had the heater core let go, so while doing that I also opted to change out the AC evaporator since I was in there and it was only another $60 in parts.

Anyway, long story short, I get everything put back together and drive about 5 miles and the CEL comes on. Codes 1494 and 1694. My buddy owns a garage and checked them, looked under the hood and cleared them. Said might just be because I took so much apart. If it came back on let him know. The 1494 doesnt surprise me, I had to unhook a bunch of the lines and move some stuff out of the way so whatever, but I did reconnect everything correctly and there are NO leaks anywhere that I can find.

1694 is a Fault In Companion Module No CCD/J1850 messages received from the powertrain control module-Aisin transmission. What in the WORLD is this!?!?!

So anyway, my buddy cleared the codes, said I shouldnt have a problem. Left there, drove about 7 miles and the CEL is back on. Any information would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I dont think so. Nothing was really wet when I pulled it out. This wasnt happening before hand, just after and I cleaned up where anything and everything spilled. I appreciate the help.

Back