• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE trac bar question

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
So I just finished installing a new power steering box because it needed one. and I did a little shake down run today. Well on my way home I was getting thing weird pop when I would turn. Well I think I have traced it down, but not sure. I dont think its the box, im possitive. But I think its my RE trac bar/bracket. The bracket is welded to the frame so I know its not moving. but when I turn it seams like the bolt moves the hole flex join inside the join. Can the flex join go bad? Could it be the joint it self? If so how do I replace that? Can I just rebuild the inside or what

sounds like your joint is loose? is it new? if so tighten it down with one of those tools.... no idea what theyre called. if its old, you may have a worn out joint, tighten it down first to see whats what.

I "think" daystar sells bushings to rebuild RE joints, something you may want to look into, you could also wait a few months or just do what I did and just go for a beefier TB system.

is daystar the only company that sells the 2" plastic races??

F that work...

id be willing to bet their super flex joint is the same thread as a heim. i know my RE bar (1600) uses a 3/4 heim and jam nut. i plan to put it into a the RE double sheer bracket which (SHOULD) measure just about 2" wide (waiting for the post man to bring me my new part) with a new ruff stuff heim and 5/8" misalignment spacer. under $20 from ruff stuff plus shipping, and just as strong. look into it...

Same thing happened to me. Take the trackbar out and tighten up the joint. If you don't have a spanner wrench for it, use a hammer and punch to turn the collar.

F that work...

id be willing to bet their super flex joint is the same thread as a heim. i know my RE bar (1600) uses a 3/4 heim and jam nut. i plan to put it into a the RE double sheer bracket which (SHOULD) measure just about 2" wide (waiting for the post man to bring me my new part)

I just did this. The 3/4" heim on the 1600 fit into the double sheer mount perfectly with the spacers provided originally by RE.

I just took the RE HD(extreme duty) trackbar off my rid in exchange for the clayton HD that uses 9/16's bolts and currie JJ's and I can tell you that the TB is much beefier.

Back