• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full Moon Run - Red Cone - August 13th -

manifoldcookindad

NAXJA Forum User
August 13th is Full Moon -- We are planning to run Red Cone -- !2,801 feet!!

Please see my video of Red Cone on www.youtube.com search redneckdadnco..thats me...then search red cone decent. Enjoy!!

As of July 14th.. Red Cone is officially open.

Depending on snow conditions - We will come down Webster Pass back to Hwy 285 or head up Radical Hill then come down to Montezuma to Hwy 6.

To experience white thalus rock on full moon. Wow!! We should be able to jeep at night without lights.

Meet: Safeway Gas Station. Conifer. Hwy 285. 7pm. Cb Ch 4. Walkie Talkie / 2 way radio ch 4.

See you there 7pm for 720 departure.

Lets Go Jeepin!!
Charlie

I called the ranger station checking on RedCone earlier and they said it is still closed, but they hope to have it open before the end of the month.

Red Cone isent open yet and I would know that for sure. Its my brothers jeep club trail. And they havent opened it yet. The drift towards the top it whats stopping it. The drift is about 100 yards long and about 6-8' deep. They are going to try and open it the first week in Aug

SteveT's gonna see this and think it's a trouser-optional run.......

:D

If I can get my rig running right, I might be. RedCone is one of my favorite trails.

Hello all -- sorry for my delay -- ive been dealing with funeral of a family member in Oklahoma this past week...Anyway...we are still a GO for this Saturday..I have had several folks mention of their interest in a day run of RED CONE. Like meeting 10am Safeway, Conifer gas station,,,,then for those that want to see full moon jeepin we could run Red Cone again. Your Thoughts?

For the full moon run -- my intent is run Red Cone down to Montezuma -- up to Loveland Pass down to 70...

If we do this during the day as well -- we may only go to the Yellow Sign of 12,801 then reverse pre drop offs -- come back down -- not doing the three main drops to montezuma-- this way allowing plenty of time for the night run...

So far I have 5-6 rigs going....Who is in? Otherwise see you 10am confier safeway gas station..cb ch 4 ... walkie ch.4..then if you want to join for full moon night run...same meeting place 7pm.

Well how was the night run? Any troubles? ?Pic?

Back