• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gallon sized paint options

Bdiddy11

NAXJA Forum User
What are people using as far as auto paint that comes in gallons? I'd like to repaint my Jeep a desert tan. I already know about the different rattle can jobs and what's worked well...

Curious how many people have actually used gallon paint with spray guns and what brands they've used.

I'd like to keep it around the same cost as doing a rattle can job. I'd prefer to gun it to keep it a little more uniform and a better end result.

I found one brand that's fairly cheap...http://www.autotoolworld.com/Majic-...ouflage-Paint-Gallon-Desert-Tan_p_108616.html

Just not sure how "cheap" it is. My ride isn't a rock crawler and doesn't get beat up so being able to do touch-ups every weekend isn't important. Just something to make it look like it's somewhat factory and on the cheap side.

So...recommendations?

I use the acrylic enamel from www.paintforcars.com. They are on ebay as well. A gallon of acylic enamel runs $60 with shipping. They have hardener and clear coat as well.

Harbor Freight has specials on their gravity fed paint guns for less than $15 almost every month and they work pretty well.

Poser.jpg

GreenDay.jpg

Try to find a local auto paint supply house like Space Age Paint here in AZ. I was pricing PPG base/clear in my Lt Bantic Blue around the internet and their equivalent was waaaay cheaper with same guarantee and you should get some good advice from the flesh and bone personnel, too.

Cheers,

Eric

Dad painted his with some Auto Air paint and a harbor freight HVLP plastic air gun. Other than some orange peel I have to say it came out pretty well.

Back