• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another wj swap question

bails85

NAXJA Forum User
i plan on doing the wj m.c. swap and i just wanted to know if there is a certain year that might be more desireable than others. alos the front brakes setup im pretty sure i saw something that there were 2 different cliper brackets. which one is the better of the 2? i tried the search but it didnt give me the answers i was looking for only install info. i just want to make sure i get the better parts if im going to do the swap. thanks

so youre doing the knuckles and the booster/MC or just one of those? AFAIK all WJ's are the same in terms of brakes

im doing both. i could have sworn that the wjs came with 2 different brake caliper brackets. im pretty sure i saw another thread that showed the 2 differnt styles but i cant find it anywhere.

You're thinking of the Akebono calipers, which started in 03. It's the calipers themselves that are the upgrade but you'll need the caliper bracket for the Akebono's as well.

So yea, just get the calipers and brackets for an 03' and you'll be good to go :cheers:

You're thinking of the Akebono calipers, which started in 03. It's the calipers themselves that are the upgrade but you'll need the caliper bracket for the Akebono's as well.

So yea, just get the calipers and brackets for an 03' and you'll be good to go :cheers:

I have not done the swap but I read here that there are two types of calipers, the Akebonos and the Theves with one being more desireable than the other.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=977419

Back