• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Canoe Rental....

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
I was just talking with Stephen on FB. He Owns/runs the campground with his family. Just thought I would share:

The river is up enough to do some canoeing if any of you guys are interested in our rentals. We haul you upstream and you ride back to the campground - it's pretty exciting run with 9 lvl 1 rapids and one lvl 2 on the the short 1 hour course. Basically every 2 miles of highway (which is more distance on the river because of winding) comes out to about an hour. I've got spots to get in at 1, 2, and 3-4 hours.

Stephen what do the rentals run?

‎30 bucks a canoe

I'll put it up on the forums. Is this something that could be done after a day on the mountain? I think Edwin Robbins was thinking of getting back to the campground by 4.

Long as I'm here at the office it's doable

Re: Conoe Rental....

You you are suggesting my group needs to go on a conoe trip? I guess we should get some high-end flip-flops and sunglasses too?

I need to get some pictures of a Mack DM-800 Coal hauler that is parked along one of the highways leading to Harlan. It's a beast.

You you are suggesting my group needs to go on a conoe trip? I guess we should get some high-end flip-flops and sunglasses too?

I need to get some pictures of a Mack DEM-800 Coal hauler that is parked along one of the highways leading to Harlan. It's a beast.

NO! Was just throwing it up here for anyone that might be interested. Hell If time allows I might do it one afternoon.

Glen, you won't be back in time Friday, if we break your rig real good you will probably have all day Saturday.

I guess we should get some high-end flip-flops and sunglasses too?
I don't wear flip flops but my 80 dollar sunglasses are somewhat expensive and my new Timberland sandals are comfy as hell! :D

Glen, you won't be back in time Friday, if we break your rig real good you will probably have all day Saturday.

Well... I have spare fronts and a spare set of lockouts this year..... what am I missing? Did I just curse myself?

What about a spare rear driveshaft??? I seem to remember once upon a time that you had an issue with that piece of equipment on a trail at a dead end in the dark. I could be wrong...

Do I need to bring my speedo for the conoe trip to go with my flip-flops and sunglasses?

If people are interested in this I'll throw my boat on the Jeep. I could do an afternoon or possibly Monday before leaving? Anything more exciting than a class II on the longer runs? An hour goes real quick on the river.

What about a spare rear driveshaft??? I seem to remember once upon a time that you had an issue with that piece of equipment on a trail at a dead end in the dark. I could be wrong...

I have that in the rear of the jeep at all times!

If people are interested in this I'll throw my boat on the Jeep. I could do an afternoon or possibly Monday before leaving? Anything more exciting than a class II on the longer runs? An hour goes real quick on the river.

No Idea.

Do I need to bring my speedo for the conoe trip to go with my flip-flops and sunglasses?

Nobody wants this!!!!!:conceited

a river trip could be interesting depending on how the wheeling goes...

i'm just looking forward to spending a few days with good 'ole friends! :party:

I will plan to bring the boat just in case. Also thinking of throwing the mtn bike on top if there is another free afternoon.

Back