• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Disc Brake conversion

ZJ rear disc brakes also work very well pretty sure they are the same ones off of a liberty. The ZJ requires a tiny bit of modification to work but do a search its easy and almost basically bolt on.

I'm personally looking at the KJ rear swap since it uses the 8.25. Backing plates are $160 a piece new, and all the other gear can be had for a reasonable price from AutoZone. The only issue you'll run into here is the change from SAE to metric fitting hardware on the calipers in the KJ. If you can flange a brake line, this is no big deal (I've never done it, but plan to).

I'm personally looking at the KJ rear swap since it uses the 8.25. Backing plates are $160 a piece new, and all the other gear can be had for a reasonable price from AutoZone. The only issue you'll run into here is the change from SAE to metric fitting hardware on the calipers in the KJ. If you can flange a brake line, this is no big deal (I've never done it, but plan to).

remember that they are "double flares" get the flare kit that has the dies with it. if you just do single plumbing flares, you will have leaky brake lines.

Back