• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EA AUTO harness upgrade - No High Beams

nomoneysonny

NAXJA Forum User
Searched for about an hour. NO FOGS on this vehicle...1995 Cherokee 4L. I upgraded with AutoPAL bulbs/housings and the eaautoworks harness. I get good output on the lowbeams but switching to highs cuts out the headlights and is accompanied by a loud 'click' - I assume a relay. I checked and moved the grounds and output improved but still no high beams. I'm a bit stumped and open to suggestions...

It wouldn't be the first time the eautoworks harness was defective. Contact them, they will gladly exchange yours for another one.

if you'd have built your own, you'd have the basic electrical skills required to troubleshoot that SIMPLE harness.... which is why i say those harness' are a waste of money you couldve spent 'lernin

the relays are hit and miss. i bought 3 kits, one kit blew both relays in less than a week. the other two have been fine for over 2 years.

The relays are just standard ones found at the local auto parts store right?

You can use an Assy relay off of hondas, its the same thing

You can look under Honda s2000 2000-2007, Pilot 03-07, Prelude 97-01, CR-V 91-01, Odyssey 95-98, Civic 2d 96-00 or 4d 98-00, Accord 2d 98-02 or 4dr 98-02.

The honda part number is 39797-SE0-004

It may be better to replace them with an OEM honda part anyway. As these seem to be the issue with the harness' anyway.

if you'd have built your own, you'd have the basic electrical skills required to troubleshoot that SIMPLE harness.... which is why i say those harness' are a waste of money you couldve spent 'lernin

What point are you trying to make now? I have the electrical skills needed and i bought a harness rather than look 4 places for all the stuff needed to make a harness. That said, i have had mine in for a while now and have not had a problem. :dunno:

im saying you guys tracking down subaru's and honda's, just to find some bullshit relay that fits your bullshit harness are a joke.

AS I SAID, "if you'd have built your own, you'd have the basic electrical skills required to troubleshoot that SIMPLE harness"

i assume you guys buy shock tabs too....lol

im saying you guys tracking down subaru's and honda's, just to find some bullshit relay that fits your bullshit harness are a joke.

AS I SAID, "if you'd have built your own, you'd have the basic electrical skills required to troubleshoot that SIMPLE harness"

i assume you guys buy shock tabs too....lol
Not everyone can be as cool as you. Some of us are lazy and even while possessing the ability to build our own pieces, see the extra money associated with buying a part as a fair exchange for the time it would take us to build our own. Some people value their time more than silly bragging rights.

Well this smug, web-forum baditude certainly is tiring. I posted the question knowing that Fog Lights cause havoc with the harness and I wanted to confirm there weren't any other quirks associated with the upgrade. Swapping relays was the first thing I tried and I forgot to mention it in my first post. I suppose the next step is to dissect this SIMPLE harness and see if my attitude degrades into shitty condescension; the truest measure of manhood and success.

If you have swapped the relays and things stayed the same, I would be looking at making sure your grounds are connected to spots that are down to bare metal. Hope this helps.

A DMM will save you some aggravation here. Start at the battery, and check for power after the fusible links, after that two wire connector, the relay output, the connectors for the lamps, etc. Check the headlight fuses in the panel, check the connection to the stock harness, and so on. If the low beams work, your grounds should be good.

A DMM will save you some aggravation here. Start at the battery, and check for power after the fusible links, after that two wire connector, the relay output, the connectors for the lamps, etc. Check the headlight fuses in the panel, check the connection to the stock harness, and so on. If the low beams work, your grounds should be good.

That's right. The grounds are for each SIDE, not for high or low beam.
It could be as simple as the original headlight connector that's used to trigger the relays in the harness is not making good contact.

Back