• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

90 Renix with 92 HO head

Keithmania

NAXJA Forum User
Went to a local salvage yard cause I needed to replace the cylinder head. I know that the 92 head will bolt on as long as I use all the Renix bits for fuel delivery. So here is my question. The jeep I took the head off of had and aftermarket exhaust manifold on it. If I remember right there is a tube that goes from my exhaust header to the intake on my current setup (EGR crap?)...

What would I need to do to be able to use that aftermarket header? It looks like a Thorley header and I think the salvage yard wants like $10 bucks for it... Seems like a waste to pass up for the price.

Be sure to use the intake gasket for your Renix engine on this swap.

A good muffler shop could weld a bung into the header to accomodate your EGR tube. Does the header have a bung for the oxygen sensor? Probably not. You will need to change headpipes to get the HO header to match up to your exhaust system and to get an oxygen sensor bung.

If I remember right the O2 sensor is right after the flange and right in front of the catalytic converter. And didn't think about taking the header to a muffler shop... Either way though, if the O2 sensor is in the header for the Renix system, welding a bung into it doesn't seem to be too much more difficult than the EGR, so I am heading back to the salvage yard to get that header.

Back