• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

swap engine in a 00 XJ Cheroke,

agrazziano

NAXJA Forum User
Just recently purchase a 00 XJ Sport Cheroke, to my suprise the engine has a low oil pressure issue, I changed the oil pump, pickup tube flush the oil and still no luck, looks like a engine swap.

Recently I came across a rebuild 90's engine, with a distrubutor base ignition. What modification would be needed to swap into my OO XJ.

I know the COP will need a bracket and the cam sensor will need be swap.
Do I need to worry about the Manifold exhaust ?

Any info is appreciated, Also I am will to barter for someone to assist and the swap, I have excellent carpenter skills. Located in North Jersey.:attom:

props on being a paying member for your first post, and welcome. but this is in the wrong subforum, you'll get waaay better help in oem tech, maybe a mod will move it for you.

im a renix guy, so my knowledge of a 00 motor is sparse.... others can help more.
a 90' is a renix system, they have much smaller exhaust ports, and the head bottlenecks flow.... your 00 is realy the end of the spectrum evolution wise, the renix is the other end..

have you checked your 0331 head for a crack? they do eventually crack, and are the worst head the 4.0 ever came with.

Back