• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Durango box upgrade

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I have searched but thees one question I havent found a answer to. Do you get the box out of a 4x2 or a 4x4 durango? and it needs to be out of a 98 or 99 right?

I dont want to pay $200 for a new one because I dont have that kinda money. So Im just going to go pull one out of durango at a JY

I got mine out of a 98 4x4, dont think it had the snow plow option though i had to take the spacers out to allow for full steering which was a painfull but nice learning experiance. Completley rebuilt (new seals/teflons) it while I was at it

I just picked up the Durango 99 model year gear box on line from Advance Auto Parts for $125 after an online code (P20) that gets you 20% off plus free shipping. It is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I'll be putting it in tomorrow and/or Wednesday. Looks like a pretty straight forward swap.

Mine is going into a 2001 model XJ

Back