• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix Back Pressure & NOX issue

kcjeep6

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I failed smog this year due to high NOX. I found that I was not getting vacuum to the EGR. I did some testing and found that the Vacuum Transducer was not opening. I continued testing and put a low pressure gauge on the lower EGR nipple The needle only bounced on zero, I did get back pressure if I winged the throttle (tested a different RPM ranges). I am not going to say how I passed smog other than when I was able to get vacuum to the EGR my NOX went from roughly 1650ppm to 250ppm. From what I can find the Transducer needs 1 to 2psi to open.

I have a 88 Renix 4.5 Stroker with a XJ-Armor intake, Bored TB, spacer, Blue Ford 24 lbs racing injectors, stock cam, Borla header 2 ¼ down pipe, 2 ½ Hi-flow universal CAT, 2 ½ Flowmaster 50, 2 ½ pipe, 4.56 gears and 35’s.
Cal tells me that he has 2 ½ from the header back and has no issue with smog.

Has anyone had an issue with this? What is your Renix set up? Has anyone tested their back pressure?

Back