• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best source for Renix parts?

b5blue

NAXJA Forum User
I'm sourcing parts for my 1989 2wd XJ, 4.0, 5 sp. (with A/C) Renix system and seeing a bunch of different suppliers and prices for things like the TPS (38-158 dollars!) Mopar, Delco, Crown, and others. Anyone got any recommended suppliers for quality parts and service? Thanks in advance!

For local, Napa is probably your best bet.
rockauto.com
1aauto.com sometimes has decent prices.

So the Auto trans one will work? That would save one heck of a lot right there. One site last night was up to 205.00 for a Delco for a MT.

I may have a spare tps.. if you wana buy it.

I got my new TPS sensors from Auto zone about 6 and 2 years ago (for my 87 and 89), and some other parts from them, like the IAT, O2 sensor, and with the exception of the recent CPS I got that was intermittently bad, I have had pretty good luck with the top line lifetime warranty stuff from Auto zone. I have had real good luck with www.teamgrandcherokee.com , rockauto.com for new parts.

Thanks Johnny but I want a new one. That is a recalled part years ago I just learned. So I'm wanting a "new one" for a back-up as I have no idea if mine was ever replaced.

I got my new TPS sensors from Auto zone about 6 and 2 years ago (for my 87 and 89), and some other parts from them, like the IAT, O2 sensor, and with the exception of the recent CPS I got that was intermittently bad.

E-mike-- have you got a P/N for that little bugger? I've had trouble finding one for the Renix locally.

E-mike-- have you got a P/N for that little bugger? I've had trouble finding one for the Renix locally.

IIRC several of us (especially me) looked high and low, all over the internet about 8 weeks ago, and it seemed the Renix one was no where to be found anymore. I did not ask a dealer. The CTS has the same guts, but is larger and has a different connector IIRC, but if push comes to shove someday, we may be forced to adapt them. I wonder what the resistance spec is on the HO sensor (IAT). If it is the same, I think it would fit (threads?), and just need a wiring jumper / fix. But no, I have not found one. You might try searching the old name "Air charge Temperature sensor" which is what Autozone called it when they still had them.

Edit: I am starting to wonder if they dropped Renix for the new style, forcing us to some wiring changes?

http://www.car-stuff.com/store/?N=4294954330+10854+4294963358+1557+11921

WE somebody to test a newer style, 91-95 IAT at three temperatures over a 40 F to 200 F temp range (use ice water and boiling water...) to see if they match the Renix sensor specs, or a copy of the HO engine sensor spec data table? And need to verify the manifold thread/hole size.

Last edited:
So no clear winner as to Crown, Omix, Delco or Standard for manufacturer on parts? I've heeded others advice and ordered a Mopar oil pressure sending unit and gotten a NAPA Gold oil filter.

So no clear winner as to Crown, Omix, Delco or Standard for manufacturer on parts? I've heeded others advice and ordered a Mopar oil pressure sending unit and gotten a NAPA Gold oil filter.

For me the order would be reverse:

1.OEM
2.Delco
3.Omix-Ada
4.Crown

Just an opinion.

Back