• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bolt size- steering box bolts

Ok, so whats mod tech about steering box bolts? Well, I'm in the middle of a body swap and more on my 96 XJ. I'm transferring over my Durrango steering box and adding a bunch of goodies to it and I'm going to need new bolts as the stock ones will be too short, but I'm not sure how long. But heres the kicker- I will also be running:
HD Offroad front stiffeners
Dirtbound Offroad DIY front bumper
C-Rok Inner Steering Box Brace

So that would be quite a bit to juggle and mock up in place to try to get a measurement from (and I would be afraid of something slipping and killing my digital caliper when taking the measurement and trying to juggle it all).

If anyone is running a similar set up and could tell me about what length would be appropriate.

Thanks in advance
"stewie"

I'd not count on anyone's bolt length on here, and instead buy 3ea bolts 1/2" longer than stock and 1" longer than stock.

Its like an extra $1.72 at my local ace hardware for 3 bolts of that size.

Thow the other 3 (that you dont use) in your spare bolts box for whatever the next project is, along with the stock box bolts.

No digital calipers, no tape measures...

Back