• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bunkhouse Sharing

Mr.Shrek

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone interested in sharing the cost of a bunkhouse? The Ogres are coming up and I plan on letting my boys just share a bunk so I'll be paying for 4 of us. So in the small we'd have room for 2 more and the large we'd have room for 5 more. Split up even per person including tax it falls out to be:

Small sleeps 5= $14.60 per night
Large sleeps 8= $7.90 per night

Granted for the just 2 extra people it's double what primitive camping would coast ya per person, but I'm liking the idea of not having to haul as much stuff up there. Which should help save in fuel cost a hair. Nice thing is if we get 5 it's a break even for primitive camping.

Let me know what y'all think.

I would Shrek, but Ed and I are already splitting one ourselves. Did you check availability? I reserved ours a while back....

I would Shrek, but Ed and I are already splitting one ourselves. Did you check availability? I reserved ours a while back....

Do we still have people going in with us on the cabin, Bryan?

Shrek, I was under the impression that the bunkhouse was not available on Friday night?

Last edited:
Bunk house is out for Friday. I reserved it last year before we left and they said they got a virus and lost our reservation.

So they gave us the new house they built.

Ed, yes we do still have my brother in law and his wife going in with us.
Shrek, don't feel dumb, if it wasn't for the Monday night chat, I would have been in the same boat!

when i called back in early april and he said i got one of the last cabins available...

same here. If I am not able to make it, I will know in the next week or so and will post up that my reservation will be open for someone to take over.

is there any room available? do i need to call?

Call Steven at the campground to see what is still available. I think the bunkhouse, farm houses and all the cabins are taken. There is plenty of primitive camping. I haven't heard anything about the RV sites....seems like they were filling up pretty quick.

I'll see if I can get an update from Steven at the Harlan Co. Campground.

Back