• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broken axle shaft?

joejeep92

NAXJA Forum User
So yesterday I was out fishing at a local spot when some rich kid in a colorado drove into one of the commonly used mudholes right next to the spot. Long story short shiny new truck stuck. I get a pretty please come pull me out and I'm on my way. I stupidly try to cross ruts and end up front tires in one rear in the other. After a minute or so of rocking I start to come out and I start to hear a pop pop pop from my front end. Well I assumed it was an axle shaft and stopped and put her in 2 and got pulled out. Well I got out and no noise in 2 obviously and no noise in 4 either when not slipping. Have not taken somewhere to try when in something slippery yet but makes me wonder. One onlooker also said my exhaust was shaking so I'm wondering if driveshaft was contacting my exhaust...ideas?

Back