• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket tach installation on DIS Coil Pack

00'CherokeeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Please someone help me. I'm installing a tach on my 2000 Cherokee and I don't know what wire to splice into. There are four wires that go into the coil pack. Ive searched all over the internet and I see its either the grey or the green but no real definitive answer for a '00. I dont want to connect them untill i know 100% which one it is.

ANY HELP WILL BE SUPER APPRECIATED!!!

Now im seeing that it is a grey wire at the pcm WTF? This is really pissing me off. I bought a tach thinking it'd be an hr install and im going on like 4hrs now.

Is swapping in a guage cluster that has a tach not an option? Its plug and play, and you don't have a big rice tach on the dash

I thought about doing the swap but I didn't want my mileage off and I found a really cool Sunpro tach with matching trans temp gauge so I just went ahead and bought em.

Btw big tach's originated with muscle cars and ricers stole em' so they aren't rice to me.

but its also a cherokee, unless you're using it as a race vehicle the tach is pointless IMO. Hell, I gave my buddy hell for putting one in his WS6.

Why am I getting flamed for adding a tach to my jeep? You guys are DICKS. Don't have anything better to do with your time? Sorry Daimler-Chrysler was a cheap POS and thought they could save money by building a whole different dummy cluster to put in the SE.

Back