• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a/c system removal

bails85

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone know how much power the a/c system takes to run. i just rebuilt my motor and did alot of other work to my jeep. im not planning on using the a/c so i thought about just removing it from the loop. i do still want the heater though. on my sand rails and such i always just remove the uneeded components to get the extra drag off of the engine so i though it might help with the jeep and give it a little more power. are there any new brackets or pulleys i might need in order to do this or do i just unbolt it and re route the belt? any info or writes would be very helpful thanks guys.

get an a/c delete pulley from a jeep of the same year at the junkyard.... same belt/routing. the a/c compressor uses a clutch, so it only affects engine performance while it's on, and a sliiiiiight parasitic drag on the serp belt.... not worth it for the reasons you posted.<br><br>it IS worth it, for simplicity's sake. i put my alt where my a/c compressor was... others use the a/c compressor as an OBA compressor... it's prime real estate, kinda a waste to put an idler pulley.<br><br>no writeup needed.... it came this way from the factory.<br>

ok so screw that idea. do u have any info on how to use it as oba compressor. i've never heard of doing that before.

Back