• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Miss fire durring hills and turns

91jeep4.0

NAXJA Forum User
So my 91 xj has new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, all good vacuum lines. When ever i take turns at 90 degrees or go up a hill the engine will miss and loss rpm, if i keep my foot on the gas it will pop out of the crack in the exhaust manifold, it seems to be worse when the tank is closer to empty but if i put gas in it it still happens but not as bad. it will run to redline if the jeep isnt turning or going up hill, i was thinking maybe the sock on the bottom of the fuel pump but im running out of ideas i already changed a bunch of parts.

Job #1 is to verify fuel pressure. Must be done with a fuel pressure gauge. If you don't have one, some parts stores rent these; call around.

Compare your readings to factory spec.

Very possible that the problem here is "fuel delivery".

Check that yesterday when fixing the rearmain seal. i had a ripped vacuum line to the fpr but fixing it only made it run better when going straight, turns and hills still do the same thing

Back