• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sye pinion yoke ?

OutkastBoss

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 01 np231 with 8.25 rear end on dpg super ult. 4". Went ahead and searched and it seemed most people used a 4 degree shim.. So I ordered iron rocks hnt w stock front d shaft.. And me and some 4 degree shims (wich I didn't install) anway I boust a magnetic angle finder and came up w 13 degree for d shaft. And 4 for the rear yoke.. Used the socket method from stu olsens jeep site..

anyway 8 degrees is where that puts me right? Seems like twice what I read others used. Does it seem right to you guys? Mebbe I'm just

When you change the pinion angle it changes the driveshaft angle also by some percentage so it isn't a straight addition/subtraction problem. By my caluculations I needed an 8 degree shim but when I ordered my driveshaft from Tom Woods he did the math correctly and gave me 6 degree shims. My pinion angle ended up 1 degree under the driveshaft, about perfict from what I have heard. My Jeep is a 95 with a 231 tc with jb conversion sye and an 8.25 rear. My lift is the 4" DPG Hybrid RE lift.

4* should be close enough to call it done. Use 6* if that makes you feel better.

I put in 4* a couple years ago, no problems. It looks good, I have never measured.

hmm got the 4 deg. In and measures 16 deg d shaft. And11 rear yoke.. So compared to the original 9 degrees off.. I am 5 degrees off. So on mine even though the #'s changed it made 4 deg of diff.. So either I need a 6 or an 8.. Which is 1 degree under vs 3 degree under... Now I bet either of those won't vibe but the 4 does for shure
also me still being 5 off I'm having light vibes over 55 getting heavier over 60 plus..

Back