• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DAYSTAR comes to the Rescue! Rubicon Express Bushings…

1SYCRYD

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.national4wd.com/?p=2296

Attention all Jeep owners with Rubicon Express control arms: due to overwhelming demand, Daystar now offers heavy-duty polyurethane bushings available that replace the troublesome rubber hourglass bushings used in the company’s long-arm and short-arm kits. Specially formulated from a unique new blend of polyurethane, these bushings have much of the same elasticity as the original rubber bushings, yet are capable of surviving the most demanding off-road conditions.
Daystar Replacement Bushings for Rubicon Express Control Arms

Designed as direct replacements for the larger and smaller “hourglass” bushings used in upper and lower RE control arms, no modifications to the arms themselves are needed and even the original sleeves can be re-used. They are packaged in sets of eight; four large and four small bushings in each kit.
ORDER YOURS NOW! If you plan on wheeling this summer, don’t delay on this. There is a huge demand for these and we fully expect a rush on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will you plan on making any other RE bushing sizes? I have a set of RE 1" shackles on my XJ and the bushings are beat. I have nowhere to order new ones from :(

Their shackle bushings look like the same 2 5/8" wide poly bushings everybody uses in their shackles.

If I were in your shoes I'd pull a shackle and measure the i.d. of the bushing housing.
Then, compare it to the ones that ballistic fabrication, ruffstuff specialties or poly performance carry.
You never know, might get lucky.

I hope they're a softer durometer polyurethane. Probably is fairly soft since you have to press past the hourglass part. If not, it'll back off jam nuts wen the flex joint maxes out in the mount.

Of course they come out with these after I get longarms and ditch the RE arms. Anyone want my flex short arms?

If I ever had to install this type of bushing again, I would without a doubt cut the bushing in half. The hourglass design is horrible.

Back