• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF SOLV Clean-Up: 4/16

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
This is the one big annual clean-up for the Tillamook State Forest. All user groups come together, and help clean up the forest we all use. I strongly encourage everyone to try and make this event.

Time: 9:00 AM-1:00 PM

Site Address: Milepost 33 on Oregon Highway 6

Directions: Take Oregon Highway 6 West toward Tillamook. Clean-up sign-in is at milepost 33 in the ODOT Sandshed on the south side of the highway.

Meeting Location: Parking will be marked

Coordinator: Stephanie Beall

Contact Email: [email protected]

Contact Phone Number: 503-359-7464 x

Project Activities:
Volunteers will clean up of forest lands in a recreation area. Approximately 60 cubic yards of garbage and about 100 tires are removed annually through this project. Activities include: Illegal Dumpsite Cleanup.

Safety Issues: Traffic, Steep Slopes, Water Body on Site, Heavy Lifting, Uneven or Slippery Ground.

Recommended Minimum Age: 12

Volunteers To Bring: Shovel, Tarp, Litter Grabber, Work Boots, Rake, Work Gloves,

REGISTER HERE or at the event.
This usually wraps up early afternoon, leaving plenty of time to go play on the trails after.

Last year, Bronzewyrm and I drove all the sections of Powerline picking things up while we went along. We filled something like 15 bags full of garbage by days end.

Bring your Jeeps, bring your trucks, bring your families. Any help will be put to use.

IMG_0005.jpg

aww wont be able to make it this year. i will be at the top of santiam pass frawlickN in the snow... anual camping trip with the fam to start the year out right.

all who are on the fence. please join. you realy dont get a feel for how much trash is out there until you make it a point to Look for it. i was amazed last year with just me and dustin. 15 trash bags, one computer/monator "packing led" and if memory servs me right, what was left of a Recliner. crazy what prople will leave in the woods.

:wantyou:

Bronze.

I totaly want to do this I just need to convince my better half. She has plans to go down to Florence and do the beach clean up there. I would rather do the TFS clean up.
I will see if I can change her mind.

Back