• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB:95 XJ AC bracket

Where are you at, I have a 1995 country in my garage that you could get those parts off of. Let me know what you need its my donor jeep and I just plan to use the motor but the rest will be up for grabs.

No. I have the by-pass pully. I am looking for the bracket that the compressor bolted to which also had the pully for the belt driven fan and another idler pully up in the right corner(if your looking at it from the front). Faranda claimed he had one but then never got back to me? If any one has one let me know. I belive to have the right pully set up it has to be off a 94-95 Cherokee.
Thanks.

The AC bracket with the second idler pulley that sits up by the thermostat housing is pre 95 IIRC, the newer brackets do not have that second idler by the thermostat, and use a different, better tensioner setup.

Mines pre-95. Have the complete set-up. The lower part of the A/C by-pass bracket with the two pulleys(fan & idler) are non-A/C specific. You cannot bolt an A/C compressor to the top of it.

Are you trying to add A/C or delete the A/C?

Here is what Im after. I just completed a 95 4.0 swap into my 84 CJ-7. I deleated the AC but wanted to run the original belt configuration. I have the correct bracket but it has a crack in it around the fan hub. I bought the by pass pully for the AC delete and put on original belt and it all runs fine but just not comfortable about the crack. Would hate to see that fan hub come out and take out my $300.00 felex-lite fans. I found a guy who had a 93 & a 96 and neither would work because 93 the compressor bolts come in horizontaly not verticaly, so my AC delet bracket would not bolt up, and 96 did not have the extra idler.
Hope that helps make sence of the situation.

The mud is getting clearer. My A/C delete bracket connects to the fan pulley bracket with horizontal bolts, the only way I've ever seen 'em. Did you buy your bracket from Summit by chance? It may be made to bolt horizontally to the A/C model fan pulley bracket, in which case a non A/C fan pulley bracket won't work with your delete bracket.
I know, its getting muddy again.

Last edited:
Actually if you're near the Springs, you could try my upper/lower fan/AC delete bracket combo, that I took from an older model Cherokee without A/C. It bolts to the engine block with 3 bolts and has all 3 pulleys on it.

Blue Weasel,
Your bracket might work but because I live in Glenwood it's kinda hard to swing by and take a look. I got my by-pass pully from Napa. it bolts in from the top (Verticaly) in three of the unused compressor holes. I would send you a picture but cant seem to figure out how to do that on this site. If you PM me your personal e-mail I can send you a picture.
Thanks, H.

Sorry CJXJPIT I got called out to align a unit in Casper about 3 weeks ago and just got back tonight. I fee lreal bad man for not getting back woth you but when the Army calls I gotta go man. I will hit you up tomorrow and honestly you can have the part as ling as you can meet me half way.

Thanks Again

Fernando

Faranda,
Was wondering what happened to you. Had no idea you were serving in the Army. Thank you for your service. I live to far to meet you half way but will send you a check for the shipping and part if it's the right one.
Can you send me a picture? I will PM you my e-mail address.
Thanks. :patriot:

Back