• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

..transfer case disassembly query,..

BILLXJ

NAXJA Forum User
,..what is everyone useing to remove those front transfer case bearings? I'm thinking that it looks like maybe 2 1/2" inch steel pipe fitted over bearing and pounded toward the rear of case would work- Does it matter which way input bearings are removed ? -On the completion of the assembly rebuild and with the transfer case still out of the vehicle,is there anyway to check for a correct assembly, I am thinking that some of the spacers and bearings are incorrectly misplaced or installed Also thinking about MIG welding various cracks along inside of case ,any advice/comments-TIA

,.oops sorry forgot the details, it's the input shaft bearings on a old NP228 case and I was looking for any advice/instructions on disassembly/assembly/MIG welding,..etc. and wondering whether some type of puller or hand mallet should be used for the bearing removal-TIA

Back