• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opinions on this ebay lift.

crap, I would just get some v8 zj springs, a 3/4" spacer & just add some stock leaves to the leaf pack. Use MJ shocks in the rear & yj shocks up front, both are longer than stock & it would probably end up costing the same as that add a leaf and spacers & shipping.

add a leafs are a huge waste, IMO putting a hard stiff spring in a 10-20 year old leaf pack, when there are hundreds of them sitting in the junk yards on s-10's and other vehicles. I personally would never ever buy a add a leaf. Not trying to put down vendors selling them, but I think they should be selling add a leafs, one full length one and a short one to support the xj main leaf.

ran a extra xj main and some random leaf from a yj pack i thing in the back of my last jeep for over a yeargave 2.5" put same leaves in my current jeep and still same lift, regular aal's suck if ta want cheap do spacers and a extra xj main leaf out back with the mj/yj shock combo

my rubicon express AALs were almost full length. year old after lots of abuse and they are holding the original height the first day I installed them. the ones in that ebay ad didn't look very long. they'd probably just warp your leafs faster. go with the mixed parts mentioned above. seen a lot of people take that route and had good success.

when I viewed the ebay listing, the first thing that came to mind was "avoid". It's the short AAL and short AAL's are THE SUCK. It will feel like your axle is welded to the frame rails.

If an AAL is considered, get the LONG ones but you still are better off saving $$ and doing it right the first time buy getting full leaf packs. OME had 2" leaf packs that ride awesome and aren't so much $$.

Back