• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring diagram for upgraded alt needed

Bdiddy11

NAXJA Forum User
In the process of putting in a GC 136amp alt and need a wiring diagram... whatever I did it wasn't right.

I've got a fuse/fuse holder to incorporate into the mix but not sure how to do it. I've searched and searched but still don't quite understand. The best i've understood is from this website

http://www.olypen.com/craigh/cableswap.htm

But am still a little lost.

So far the way I have it hooked up looks like this

diagram.jpg

however, the PDC in the picture is actually the Fuse holder, where I have my 175amp fuse. I think that's where I am going wrong...

The front of the PDC has these two posts

100_1910.jpg

which had a positive running to the battery. Right now there's nothing on those posts...

can someone please show me a better diagram of how its supposed to look with the bigger fuse and upgraded cables. I have everything installed, just not correctly. Waiting on a PM back from 5-90 but if anyone else has info on how to route the wiring to where that would be greatly appreciated.

What year is the vehicle?

Back