• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Horse For Sale or Lease

Horribilis

NAXJA Forum User
A been there done that 19 yr old Missouri Foxtrotter (MFT) gelding with plenty of spunk. I bought George for my wife (who is a total beginner) as a wedding gift last summer. I got George because he was mainly a trail horse and beginner friendly. Well the wife won't be riding for a while (we have a little'un on the way). I also intended to use him myself elk hunting and running field trials with my dog, but work had other plans for my near future (travel). At this point it is probably best that we find him a more active situation and in the hands of someone who can ride him.

George is sorrel with a white blaze and two rear socks. He was a bit skinny when we got him, but now he is good a fattened up and looks terrific. His winter coat is very handsome.

George is a great horse and an easy keeper. He is good with the farrier for both trims and shoes. He is terrific on group rides and can be ridden by a complete beginner in group situations. He will go as slow as the pace of the lead horse, but he also can switch gears nicely if the rider commands it - he's got some speed for sure. His Foxtrot is smooth! In order to go out solo, he requires a more experienced rider...he has grown herd bound. I have taken him out solo a few times and he just doesn't like it, fights me most of the way. If I were in town more often and had more time I could work with him on this. It hasn't been a big problem for us since my wife only rode him when I was on a mount and went out with her. He crosses water just fine. He is food/treat/grain driven. Stands about 15.2 hands maybe 15.3. No papers. He is terrified of running water hoses. Does well with dogs after he gets used to them. George is not dominant nor is he a push-over - he resides somewhere in the middle of the herd.

Asking $1600 or best offer. Will also consider a lease situation at $165 per month (if he stays where I currently have him boarded in Sedalia).

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back