• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Welding???

navyblue123

NAXJA Forum User
I am getting a new control arm bracket for my y link long arms. I was wondering if anyone could help me pull the front axle and weld it on properly??

Shouldn't need to pull the axle....... Just need to remove the upper link out of the way.

Yeah, it's an awkward place to work, but I'm a sneaky ol' fooker. Bring it to Golden Sunday morning. Jesse is supposed to come over, between the two of us we'll git-r-done.

Its really hard to get to Ira tried and did the best he could but it didnt hold can you maybe take a look Troy?

I am surprised that it held up this long. That was a pain in the ass to get at in the dark and who ever tried to weld it before me really hosed it up. Sorry I could not get that thing any better Luke! Having the axle out is ideal but it can be done well in the daylight with the front of the Jeep lifted a bit.

I am surprised that it held up this long. That was a pain in the ass to get at in the dark and who ever tried to weld it before me really hosed it up. Sorry I could not get that thing any better Luke! Having the axle out is ideal but it can be done well in the daylight with the front of the Jeep lifted a bit.
Pretty much what I was thinking. Is this a stock style bracket?

BTW, I weld with sparklers. :D

Back