• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shock suppliers

bluejeepkid

NAXJA Forum User
where are some good places to locate some bilstein 5150's??
im lookin to oreder online.
already checked summit and ORW and quadratec...
TIA

ive heard great things about eshocks.com for bilsteins. downsouthmotorsports also carries them, but seems a little bit more expensive, but they do have better tech support.

so i see alot of 255/70 and 170/60 valving. wich one is stiffer and wich one is softer?
for a rig that will see moderate rock trails with occasional sandy beachs and whoop sections(to get to the beach), which is the better option?

5100's are a direct fit, have bar pin/stem in one end and eye in the other..and comes in one valving option.
5125 and up have eye in both ends, Bar pin eliminators are required front and rear, must be ordered by length (extended/collapsed) and you have options for valving..

do they make 5150s for an xj
i know stupid question probably but all the shocks that i see dont look like they mount up to an xj

no, they dont come "bolt-in". they have an eye-eye mount and thats fine, thats what im lookin for.i like the piggy back resi's too

so i see alot of 255/70 and 170/60 valving. wich one is stiffer and wich one is softer?
for a rig that will see moderate rock trails with occasional sandy beachs and whoop sections(to get to the beach), which is the better option?

anybody happen to know?

do they make 5150s for an xj
i know stupid question probably but all the shocks that i see dont look like they mount up to an xj

they dont make direct fit 5150's for the front, gotta get shock stem to eye adapters.

other than that you can pop out the metal sleeves in the bushings and run them with stock mounts/barpins

get 255/70

trust

depends on what you do with the jeep really. but its the stiffer of the two options, and most would agree that its the way to go on an xj.

sounds good, thank you. and i know they dont make direct fit 5150's

Back