• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A few questions in one thread.

krawlingxj

NAXJA Forum User
my set up is iro 5.5 inch la 33x12.50s

1. my tie rod is bent i dont want to swap knuckles anything but curry is in the budget. i want to go with the iro tie rod but worryed about it clearing the pumpkin? What other steering options are there?

2.wheels i know i want 15x8 but am going back and forth between 3.75 and 4inch backspacing. what are you running?

3. how do i trim rear fenders is there really any good way?

thanks!

1. I use the Currie set up and I think its great. Its a stock set up just bigger. So you don't have to change anything or worry about angles and what not

2. I have 3.75 BS on my wheels. they stick out from the body just fine. My wheel are 15x8 and my tire size is 32x11.50 which means the tire sticks out from the wheel. So all together I have a decent track width. Personally as long as its either 4 or 3.75 all I car about is are the wheels going to hold up and do they look good.

3. if you don't want to get creative with welding or rivets. there is a good tech article on www.jeepin.com. He used a cut and fold method which I also used on my rear fenders.
It depends on what you want to go with or how much room your looking for. I have the bushwacker flares on so I did the cut and fold method just to clear enough room to get the flares on. I saw a tech article on here over the summer of a guy who cut out his rear wheel wells and then got creative with welds and extra sheet metal. Looks like a pain in the ass if you ask me.

if you can afford the currie, might as well get it. bolt on and strong

the difference between 3.75 and 4" wont hardly be noticeable. just pick one and go with it

and with 33's you dont really need to trim much of your rear fender at all. i barely rub, not enough to really matter to me. the front and back of the fender opening are the only parts that get rubbed. i just hammered the lip back a little. but if you are set on trimming, here is a good write up as well:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1047016

Currie steering is great. I run it, it's held up well. Just flipped the tie rod side over the knuckle for more ground clearance, but had to cut off the sway bar mount.

4" BS is good for 33's. I had that with my 32's and it looked great.

Search the rear fender trim. Cut off 1" of sheet metal below spot welds. Cut slits in metal between spot welds and bend back. Seal with silicone.

Back