• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME leaf springs

Screech

I drive a hatchback
Im looking into getting some OME leaf springs in the 3.5 inch flavor. I was wondering on the actual lift height and how they hold up?

Im looking into getting some OME leaf springs in the 3.5 inch flavor. I was wondering on the actual lift height and how they hold up?

Mine worked out at closer to 4", settling to 3.25". ACOS and rear shackles have been on there for 3 years or so now, totalling it out to 4.5". After 5 years and 65,000 miles they're about ready for replacement, but there is still life left in them. Their replacements will also be OME.

I had terrible luck with my OME leaf springs. At first, they gave me barely any lift (was going for 4" with a 2.5" pack and 1.5" shackle). After I talked to ARB/OME they sent me the extra leaf (2nd to the top) and that helped. I still had to make them into a bastard pack to get them to sit at the desired height. I did, however, have a lot of weight with a rear bumper, tools and spare. This past fall I pulled out the main leaf on both sides as the front eyes were deformed so they wouldn't hold the bushings tight.

My CS034RA packs with an extra leaf are sitting around 4" and ride way better than my previous setup.

Back