• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust System

trevanator

NAXJA Forum User
So from the suggestion of a few people in the last thread I posted about having cooling issues only when driving uphill they directed me to possibly replace my cat and see. I am going to pull it off and replace it most likely just because its the original anyways and at 17 years old now why not mine as well. My question to you all is one what cat should I get? I know there are the "high flow" cats but I know nothing of exhaust systems to be honest so I am not sure whether they are worth it or if its just bogus so should I just get a normal cat any help with the cat would be great.

The next question I have is since I am going to replace the cat should I just go ahead and do a whole exhaust system from header to tailpipe? I am sure it would cost me an arm and a leg so I am thinking thats probably not the route for me but what about just doing the cat and back would there be any benefit?

I appreciate the help as always guys thanks.

Technically you are supposed to get a CARB legal CA compliant one, but you can put anything that work on it really. Performance-curve.com has universal ones for about 50$ that would need to be welded/clamped. FOr the past several years pretty much all CAT's are "high-flow"
You can get the non-CA compliant Magnaflow for about 100-150$ depending on where you get it. Since you are replacing your cat, might as well do cat back.. Same website that has the cat also has a couple of decent priced cat-back systems. I prefer magnaflow/bullet performance mufflers, then aeroturbine and the dynomax ultraflo.

Technically you are supposed to get a CARB legal CA compliant one, but you can put anything that work on it really. Performance-curve.com has universal ones for about 50$ that would need to be welded/clamped. FOr the past several years pretty much all CAT's are "high-flow"
You can get the non-CA compliant Magnaflow for about 100-150$ depending on where you get it. Since you are replacing your cat, might as well do cat back.. Same website that has the cat also has a couple of decent priced cat-back systems. I prefer magnaflow/bullet performance mufflers, then aeroturbine and the dynomax ultraflo.

I am definitely going to get a CA legal Cat thats for sure I really dont want to be illegal.
I will check the perfomance curve website and see theres 50 bucks sounds great lol.
Yeah I am thinking cat back system as well while I am at it

Back