• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No spark in my renix xj

OrangeJeep

NAXJA Forum User
so I went out to start my jeep last week and it would not start. it just continued to turn over but would not fire. i checked for spark first at the spark plug wires, and found no spark. i then checked the wire coming off the coil, again no spark. i took out my coil and tested it with an ohmmeter as the book says, i also used it in my buddys xj and started his. so i then checked the power going to the coil and it has power. I am now stuck on what the problem is, any suggestions or help? very much appreciated.

Plug/unplug the crank position sensor a few times to freshen the connection and see if that helps.

If it doesn't, check the resistance of the crank sensor--it should be 200 ohms + or - 75 ohms, or a range of 125-275 ohms.

Check your grounds at the dipstick tube--ECU, ICM/coil, o2 sensor, and others all ground there.

do like joe says, had same dilema some time ago, spent a lot of time trying to figure out what was the problem,- cleaning CPS conectors solved the problem,

What year model we talking about here? (87-90)?
It could be your ICM under the coil.
If you have the Renix erra coil....check for 12 volts to the ICM.
Mines an 88 and the coil was good but my module was not.

Back