• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T-case compatibility

ParadiseXJ

NAXJA Forum User
1. What t-case(s) will fit a 1988 MJ with AW4, 4.0...OR...an AX-15...OR a BA10-5?

2. Is an 4.0 with an AW4 too much for D44 with 3.07 gears.

Thanks.

As far as the t-cases go I'm also just guessing, but I believe that either the np231 or 242 will work fine on all those trannys.

as for the D44, if your tire size is stock, it'll handle the 4.0 for-friggin-ever. you definitely don't have to worry about that 44.

Are you asking about the Spline count? AW4 through 90 will require an NP231 with 21-spline and short input shaft.

OK, I have an 88 MJ w/4.0...a 92 AW4 (on the sideline)23 count...and an 88 NP231 21 count. My question is if there any other t-cases I can use with good result...getting harder to find 91+ (23 count) NP231's around here.

hard to find 23 spline NP231s? That's odd, I figured it would be the other way around.

I haven't seen a 21 spline case in months at the you pull it, but nearly every heep there has a 23 spline case still in it.

Back