• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best 4.5" lift kit?

rvp01xj

NAXJA Forum User
I purchased a 2001 XJ with 2 1/2 inches of lift and 31 inch KM2s from my friend last year. I have recently swapped in a Chrysler 8.25 with an Aussie locker and a disc brake conversion. I am looking to go with 33 inch tires and a 4.5 inch lift. I am still a newbie so I would prefer to go with a lift kit. Which kit would you guys suggest?

Which 4.5 lift is best? That depends on what and how you use your XJ for me Clayton is the way to go. I use mine (2001) as a DD mix of highway and city, off road it works great better them I hoped.

I went with the DPG/RE hybrid 4" 3 yrs ago; all I have left of it is the RE 3.5" leafs, and I want to swap those out soon as well. Now I have DP coils, Rock Krawler 3 link, and Bilstein 7100 shocks.

How much are you looking to spend, what kind of wheeling do you do? How much wheeling vs street time? A long arm is awesome, but sort arms with drop brackets could do you just as well in many scenarios. A 4 link long arm is great for prerunning, but a 3 link is better for crawling. Radius arms are good but can have some problems on hill climbs (or so I've been told, never had radius arms myself).

you'd be better off building/sourcing out your own 4.5 kit, each mfg has one or 2 things better than the next so why not just research and source out the parts and build your own.

Back