• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumper and sliders.. Playing with Pro E..

dirtweazle

NAXJA Forum User
Bored at work and playing around with pro E came up with these.. The bumper I am half done welding it up but the sliders are still in planning stage. Using Photoview 360 for the texture and coloring.. This is a render and not a reall product....yet...:compwork:

bumper.jpg

slider.jpg

Any comments are welcome...

Looks nice, but what's holding your 2x2 hitch on??

Looks like it's just sitting between the two tubes, needs alot of reinforcement.

The L bracket on the back side of the D ring tabs was part of my old hitch and it goes in the frame rails in place of nut strips. Nuts welded on top. Yes I cut an 'L' hole in the framerails. The plates take the stock bumper brackets place. For one side thats 4 9/16 bolts and 4 12mm.. The hitch socket will be gusseted by a plate on top as well as the bumper plates to the D ring plates. I might add another tube between the hich and D-ring plates for mucho stoutness. Aslo was thinking cutting the length of the hich, plating the back side of it and double sheering it on the sheet metal if I have the room behind the gas tank.

Some numbers where off on the first build and I had to round cut the hitch where the tubes are.. So there are 'C' cut into the hitch and the tube fits in there.. Was a problem that turned into a feature being more surface area holding on in that area. Computer building is faster but real building is easier..

Pro E is a great tool. They use it extensivly where I work.
I'd consider some 3/8 plate between the horizontal tubes.
O
|
O
That would give you something to weld the receiver and d-ring tabs to.
See if you can model up a tire carrier for that.

Very nice modeling. I hardly ever take the time to get good lighting and effects but looking at yours im thinking I should! lol

Tire carrier is in the works but not a lot of surface area to work with to attach to. This bumper is so close and clean a tire carrier would just get in theway I think. Still want one tho.. Probably will build it then model it.

Back