• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick!! Stock Power Steering Cooler ...

Mighty.Mighty_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
... does the XJ have one? I'm thinking not, considering the reason that one was recommended to me (bit the bullet on a PSC pump earlier today), but I gotta ask the question. Sorry guys, I simply don't know, & have no time to search ... getting ready to walk out the door to work & need to place order on the way to work.

A quick answer would be highly appreciated, along with even a recommendation for brand etc.

Thx!

nope. i went with a wj pump and durrango box and when i did i added a zj or wj (dont remember) trans cooler as a ps cooler

Well, I have a new tranny cooler been sitting at home for years ... hopefully it can be used. Q'tec is the only place that can get me the stuff here for Wednesday & they're out of stock - bummer.
Can't see where it would fit tho ... it's kinda tight in the engine bay already.

Thanks guys - I'm at the J.O.B. until 10 a.m. ... :(

Can't see where it would fit tho ... it's kinda tight in the engine bay already.

Behind the front bumper, along the crossmember? I seem to recall a few folks putting them there.

Sounds good. I'm sure they'll make it work somehow. The good part is I won't have to spend any more $$$. Hopefully my steering will be "magical" when this is all over. I already have the Durango box, Currie linkage & now the PSC pump. Done.

I went to the junk yard and found one off of a Ford Exploder( which is hard considering the placement) .Attached to the inner fender using existing holes and return hose,only had to add longer hose from cooler to pump.

It did help that the stock air filter box is removed.

While you are at it you should add a power steering fluid filter as well, cheap insurance for your new pump.

Back