• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Water leaks??

mizzutgr

NAXJA Forum User
When my jeep is parked in my driveway - on an incline- it leaks water and i see it dripping from under the dash. not just a little water either, it only leaks when its on an incline. does not happen in the rain or in a car wash. i also can't seem to get it to leak when i get out the hose to track it down. been doing every since it bought it it in 99. my frinds 99 also leaked when parked in my driveway- he said it is the first time its happened but he parks it on level ground. door seals good and windshield has been replaced may times so i know the seal is good. thanks

When my jeep is parked in my driveway - on an incline- it leaks water and i see it dripping from under the dash.

Is it dripping on the passenger or driver's side? Parked with the nose uphill or downhill?

not just a little water either, it only leaks when its on an incline. does not happen in the rain or in a car wash. i also can't seem to get it to leak when i get out the hose to track it down. been doing every since it bought it it in 99. my frinds 99 also leaked when parked in my driveway- he said it is the first time its happened but he parks it on level ground. door seals good and windshield has been replaced may times so i know the seal is good. thanks

If it's the passenger side that this is happening to, check around the antenna mount; if it's loose water can run along the antenna cable to its lowest point and drip off. Both my 2000 and 2001 have done this.

Year? My 98 leaked onto the pasenger side floor only when pointed up-hill. Down-hill, all was good. Found that the HVAC seal was shot. Only ways I know to repair is either remove the HVAC unit from under the dash and replace the seal, or cut an access hole in the Cowl Screen to get at the seal. This is what I did and I used a silicon based sealant and closed cell foam to make the repair. I cut and "glued" the foam (with the sealant) into the space between the air intake and the firewall and welded the sheet metal back into place. As my driveway is really slanted (Colorado...) up, I parked it pointing down-hill and covered the Cowl with plastic to allow the 24 hrs the sealant needed to cure. Result? No more leaks.

Back