• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removable carpet???

jmeti000

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all

A while ago I removed all the carpeting from the jeep, did floor repairs and bedlinered them also. I never put the carpeting back in and it gets a little noisy at times while driving. Was wondering if anyone knows of a place that makes a removable carpet kit...something that you can easily put in and take out when needed without having to remove everything, or is this something that I would hafta fab up?

Thanks

It'd definately be a home done job. Best option would be to put the carpet and pad back in the jeep, then set the seats and console and everything in place then cut around what you need to so you can pull it out with everything in it still. Could hide the cut for the seats under the seat to keep it out of sight then cut the carpet and pad back just enough to tuck about 1" under the console to keep it out of sight. Then just cut directly along the bottom of the side trim panels to be able to do the same and tuck it up under them a little. Then you could pull and install the carpet without having to pull everything.

Back