• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driveline Angle ????

jeepnatv4life

NAXJA Forum User
Im Currently running 3 inch BDS with 2inch spacer front and Rear is 3 inch pack 1 inch block with an adda leaf. W/o a SYE on the Stock driveshaft and no VIBES Sits level....

My ? is if I put a shackle box in that HD Offroad sells, Am I gonna need an SYE or to shim the pack? Technically the pinion should move up towards the T/c because im adding length to the rear of the spring.

Opinions appreciated

Technically yes it should rotate the pinion up slightly. With that said it might be to much, or to little, your just going to have to measure your angles once you get the boxes installed.

Technically yes it should rotate the pinion up slightly. With that said it might be to much, or to little, your just going to have to measure your angles once you get the boxes installed.

Is there a range of area that The Pinion angle is acceptable to run at??(Like 20*-30*) I have an angle finder off my alignment rack that I can use.

From everything i've done and read on driveline angles.... Put the set up you want together then find out your pinion and DS angles. We could guess all day long for you, but an angle finder will tell you for sure.

From what i understand optimal pinion angle should be equal but opposite compared to the transfer case output yoke. so if output yoke is 5 degrees the pinion yoke should also be 5 degrees.

hope that makes sense, i know it's not always possible to have this, but the closer to the same the better, that is of course unless you run a cv/double cardan rear shaft.

Mbjeep got it right. With single ujoints at each end of the driveshaft, the goal is to get the rear axle pinion shaft parallel to the tcase output shaft. If the double jointed (carden joint or CV style) driveshaft is used, then you want the rear axle pinion to be directly in-line with the driveshaft and all the angle to be in the CV joint.

However, an axle riding on leaf springs will rotate under acceleration and the pinion will raise up a couple of degrees. So it is usually recommended to lower the rear axle pinion a degree or so to compensate.

Mbjeep got it right. With single ujoints at each end of the driveshaft, the goal is to get the rear axle pinion shaft parallel to the tcase output shaft. If the double jointed (carden joint or CV style) driveshaft is used, then you want the rear axle pinion to be directly in-line with the driveshaft and all the angle to be in the CV joint.

However, an axle riding on leaf springs will rotate under acceleration and the pinion will raise up a couple of degrees. So it is usually recommended to lower the rear axle pinion a degree or so to compensate.

So if the angle w/o shims is pointed 2 far towards the t/c I may have to shim the front of the leaf pack vs. the rear

Back