• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering column ground?

95REDXJ

NAXJA Forum User
hi guys,

im still having some lighting issues, sometimes ive got blinkers sometimes i dont.
is there a main ground from the steering column, i tried to look tonight but the shop is all decorated for the party tomorrow so i has out in the rain.

all help appreciated and happy holidays!

If you lose both blinkers at once, it probably isn't the stalk switch. The most likely is the actual flasher module. It is also the cheapest thing to replace.

ive replaced that, i have the right blinker but my left blinker turns on my hazards, and when i step on the brake the dash lights and the runing lights in the front come on

There is a common ground for the blinkers and other items that causes wierd problems when it gets flakey. It is located in the drivers side rear, under where the spare is located. You have to remove the plastic.

There is also one up front behind the grill cant remember what side it on.I think there is one by the PCM right in front of it beside the battery

Back