• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

chopped xj

Re: choped xj

outside2.JPG

Last edited:

Thanks need to extend wheelbase for competition also would like it to look good my kids go with me when we go trail riding so need to keep backseats

As most of these are not what the OP is looking for. I was going to do it the normal way but with the rear seat and had it mocked up for the most part. I was only looking to have the bottom of the rear seat since I have no kids and just needed the extra space for my dog.

pa140775lw5.jpg

The rear would have to be back another 6+ inches for the whole back seat to work. Look in this next picture and you can see the latch for the back of the seat.

pa140765hh9.jpg

Though I didn't like it and wanted something else. It's a stalled project right now but it's current state.

p4020969oe4.jpg

pa240865vs7.jpg

pa270883ac6.jpg

Again mine is a bit short for what your looking for. Mine is just long enough to get the bottom of the rear bench in. Once i flattened the floor it would be perfect for what I needed but you would not be able to make the rear of the seat work or fit. So it would have to be a bit longer and mount a racing style rear bench seat or stretch it back more to use the factory seat.

I chose more of an "Avalanche" style,didn't want the back seats but did want interior storage space.
FH000012.jpg

Back