• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interior Cage Mounting Questions

jdbwrx

NAXJA Forum User
What is the best method to attach cage mounting plates to the floor? Bolts, welds, or both. I have been searching through cage build threads looking for pics of how people have them mounted and haven't found a ton. There seem to be a few that have done it both ways. Wondering which is better/best.

When sandwiching the plates to the floor, should the plate on top be a touch smaller than the underside one? Am I reading correctly that, that, combined with rounded corners, should to reduce any "can opener effect?"

The underside of the sandwich should then have a connection to the frame rails? TJ's and YJ's use a bushing connection for this, but it is not necessary on a unibody?

If anyone has any close up pics of their cage mounts, I would really appreciate taking a look at them.

Thanks!

I have the Rock hard bolt together cage. It really stiffened up my entire jeep. It uses 3 bolts per floor mount (6 total). Its sandwiches the floor with 2 1/4" plates the same size.

The ultimate setup for an XJ IMO would be to build solid metal rockers/ mini boat sides and tie a cage into that. But for someone that does not have the means, I have confidence that the simple 6 point rockhard cage will keep the roof and windshield from inverting into the cabin.

Back